Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer

Between_the_lines_main
A charmingly written and beautifully presented novel. The idea for this book came from Samantha, Jodi Picoults daughter and it is quite different to anything Picoult has written herself. This is the story of Delilah, a fifteen year old girl with problems fitting in at school. She turns to books for comfort, her favourite being 'between the lines' a fairytale that captures her imagination. She is drawn to Oliver, the dashing young prince. She discovers that she is able to communicate with him through the book. We also have Oliver's story from this other world, unhappily aware that he is forced to re-live this fairytalee over and over again.

This is imaginative, creative and romantic. I can remember being caught up in my favourite stories as a teen and would have loved my favourite character to reach out to me through the book and sweep me off my feet! I read this while recovering from an operation, and it was a perfect choice when having poor concentration and needing something light and happy. My teenage son also enjoyed this! A delightful fantasy for any age, if you like a bit of fairytale magic or the television series 'Once upon a time'.

4 stars

Kitty

Reviews books on this blog and also on Amazon. Her son also reviews books over at The Olly Book Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment